Scheduling HiSET® Appointments
Test takers may need your assistance with scheduling test appointments. You can help them create their accounts, or you can create accounts for them through your HiSET® account for administrators. Which one depends on which state or jurisdiction your test center is located in.
- In states or jurisdictions that allow them to schedule their own appointments online, you may assist them with the scheduling process through their own account.
- In states or jurisdictions that do not allow test takers to schedule their own appointments online, you will schedule appointments through your own process and then enter this information into the HiSET system for administrators.
Since policies may vary by state or jurisdiction, make sure test takers understand any eligibility requirements before they schedule an appointment.
When helping test takers to schedule, be sure to explain their testing options:
- paper or computer test (if your center offers both)
- English or Spanish language
- one or more subtests
- one day for all five subtests or multiple testing appointments
Once scheduling is complete, let test takers know that they can view all of the appointment details at any time within their HiSET accounts. You should also remind them to make sure they review the identification requirements and bring the proper ID with them on test day.
Test takers can reschedule or cancel their test appointments, and they can schedule a new appointment to retake a test if they don't pass or if they want to take it again. How they can do this and how you help them is determined by your state's or jurisdiction's policies.
Learn more about ETS and state or jurisdiction policies around rescheduling, canceling or retaking a test.
Test takers with disabilities or health-related needs
All test takers who require testing accommodations must request accommodations through ETS before scheduling their appointment. Once accommodations have been approved, they must schedule, reschedule or cancel their appointments through ETS. They can't do it through your test center or through their HiSET accounts. For more information, see Disability Accommodations.
HiSET Account for Test Center Staff
Use your secure account to print test day rosters, assist test takers and more.
Contact Test Administrative Services
Assistance for Test Center Staff with ordering test materials, account information, e-learning, general questions regarding procedures and test site scheduling.