Your HiSET® Test Day Checklist
Get ready for test day with this handy checklist.
Want to use this checklist later? Download it!
Contact your test center
Different test centers have different test day policies. Some require you pay the test center administration fee on the day of the test. Some require you bring more than one kind of identification (ID). Contacting your test center before test day will help you to plan and make sure you bring everything you need.
Verify your state requirements
Check your state requirements for any state-specific ID requirements or other test day policies.
Know the policies so you can plan ahead
- You can't bring electronic devices, including cell phones, into the test room.
- Most test centers provide you with a locker to secure your possessions, but it's not guaranteed.
- You can't bring any food or drink into the test room unless you have an approved health accommodation.
Bring these things on test day
Make sure you have these things on test day:
- Valid, acceptable ID
- Payment for the test center administration fee (if applicable)
- Proof of completion of state-required pretests or documents (if applicable)
You may want to bring a copy of your confirmation email, too, but it's not required.
DON'T bring these things on test day
If it's not listed above, don't bring it! This includes cell phones, smartphones, calculators, pens, pencils and papers. Your test center will provide calculators and any other materials you need to take the test. For a full list of items you shouldn't bring, see the HiSET® Test-taker Bulletin.
Know what to expect when you get to the test center
The HiSET® program takes test security seriously. Once you arrive, the test center staff will:
- verify your identity
- give you a locker key (if available) so you can store your belongings
- ask you to follow test center rules of conduct
Be sure to understand the rules before your test day and understand they apply to all test takers. A secure test environment ensures you can do your best and earn the credit for your hard work.
Still have questions? Get answers.
Download the HiSET® Test-taker Bulletin for more information about test day, including when you should arrive, procedures and more. If you have questions about anything you read in the bulletin or if what you need to know isn't in there, contact your test center. They can help!